Enquiries welcome from private individuals or public companies & commercial organisations.
Estimates given without obligation from details supplied by the client (see below). The same degree of professional expertise, quality of design and craftsmanship, as well as attention to detail applies whether the project is large or small.
Projects can be discussed and queries about suitability of treatment of text, use of materials etc settled, to ensure that the finished work is tailored exactly to the client's requirements, delivered on time and on budget.
Commissioning a calligraphic project:
Please email the following information to help work out an estimate for your project. A follow-up phone call from the client to discuss things in detail is advisable, particularly with more complex work:
1. Text(s) to be used for the project
2. Who or what the piece is for
3. Style: Formal or informal; traditional or modern
4. Colour preference - may be important in context
5. An idea of budget - please be realistic in your expectations of what is possible
6. Deadline for completion of project (including framing, if appropriate).
NB. Special treatments and materials (eg. gilding, heraldry, original illustration, use of vellum, framing) or a tight deadline can make a considerable difference to the overall cost of the finished work.
1. Once estimate, style & materials have been agreed, a design is worked out and a full size working layout prepared, showing colour scheme.
2. Working layout emailed for approval.
3. Finished work begun when layout has been approved.
4. Scan of finished piece emailed for approval.
5. Work dispatched to client.
Deposit of 50% payable with order, to cover intial work to layout stage 2. Balance, plus cost of delivery (method of dispatch to be agreed) to be paid before finished work is delivered.
© Margaret Morgan